Saturday 9 March 2013

Honda Future 125cc - Crescent ride for my student life




Hello people, a very first post and I welcome to my blog. I humbly thank you for visiting.

Not all people going for blog since the popularity declined since revolution of social network. However, for better readability for random audience, blog is a good choice.

Before I start with my own Honda Future, its better to know about Malaysian 125cc motorcycle industry first. To make it short the predecessor of this bike are Wave 125, Wave 125S, Wave 125X, and then Wave Ultimo X 125.

The Honda Future was introduce in 2012 to replace Honda 125cc moped segment. The identity to this motorcycle in another country market is Honda Revo 125 in Thailand and Honda Supra-X 125 Helm-in in Indonesia.

The competitor for this motorcycle are Suzuki Shogun Axelo, Modenas GT 128 and any 4-stroke motorcycle moped in 125cc engine.

Honda Future - "Long distance hero"


Let us meet the the bike. By picture...


(Left Side) My first own namely very bike - Honda Future. 


As you see picture above, the thing I want to mention this is full specs of Honda Future. 
The bike was bought on 1st March on Silver colour with the price tag on RM5778 (with insurance) and 4th March it was registered on BMB 145 plate. I ride it the day after.

 The GIVI monoshock box and front box is optional from distributor, but I bought it for multi-purpose.


(Front side) Sporty look for 125cc moped.

(Front side- LIGHTS UP)  The midlamps give more visuality of  Daylight Running Lamp (DRL)
The midlamp is not LED but we can change halogen bulb into coloured one. 

(Right side) Could feel the racing spirit from this side, unfortunately it is not matured yet.

(Rear side) LED lights - better judgement for the follower

(Rear) Nissin disc brake - better handling than drum if experienced.

(Front) Nissin Disc Brake

(Front tire) Tube tyre, dissatisfied - cannot say anything.

(Rear tire) Tube tyre as well, I hope both of them can really handle well during punctured. 

I thought they made tubeless tire as standard for full specs.
Seriously? Honda marketing will not hold its bet after all.

(Dashboard) Future look meter - but dashboard is copy from Honda Dash.

I won't demand more but to its competitor, GT128 - where is the "FUTURE" in it?


(U-Box) 19L box - could fit full face helmet.

Inside the U-box, there is Honda Future manual and toolset. 

(Fuel Tank) 5.6L Fuel Tank - "Can go for 336km.", they said.
'
As the engine are caburator configured, 336km is true when using RON97. 
For RON95, I analytically think kind of half of it, 168km or more.
However, fuel consumption based on riding methods.
(Since I am UiTM Shah Alam student, the hilly area are very unlikely economic due to revving) 


(Seat) Ergonomic seat for long distance travel

(Underside)  Future Stripe. Similar to its neighbor - Honda Supra-X and Honda Revo. 

(Down under) Black advante


For better understanding, visit the website.

Let us review list the feature of this bike.

1. Bigger U-box 19L
2. Fuel tank 5.6L
3. Spacy seat
4. Rear brake (this wont considered as feature when Boon Siew Honda do not make it as standard)
5. Smart Access Lock System
6. Stylish signal and fog lamp (midlamp)
7. Clear meter dashboard
8. Sport rim (this wont considered as feature when Boon Siew Honda do not make it as standard)
9. New generation engine
10. Fuel consumption of 60.3km per litre
11. Double-Beam Multi Reflective Light
12. LED Rear Light

My experience with bike


In my first ride after I obtain HF from distributor, I went to Syeksen 7 from Klang - 10km. The bike does not quite heavy. The engine and gear also responsive. There is not difficulty either from braking system. It is true that Honda is upstart king among moped, no problem when you at traffic light. The maximum speed is 120kmh - this is not tested by me.

Since I live in Shah Alam, a satelite metropolitan city of Kuala Lumpur, it is better commuter with a bike than  car. Mostly as student, UiTM Shah Alam road always giving challenge to due its curvy and hilly-billy road. I can say it is Nurburgring alike. I have to lap the curve with MotoGP style on three or four at most at those roads. Okay la, a training for motorcycle racing. ( I need to buy racing suite)

However, there is still disatisfactions. I notice there is shake during idle. Probably frame problem, I will ask distributor or HF sifu for this mention.

I will post later about more experience with this bike.

Pros and Cons of this bike


Pros
= Got U-box that can fit full faced helmet, namely Arai.
= Larger fuel tank for long distance
= Bigger space for your rear
= Smart lock - when you lock your handle, it automatically locks the keyhole
= Smart boot access - you can open your seat from the keyhole
= LED rear lamp for better daylight riding
= Meter are greathearted to car meter. We call it heavy meter or actual meter to GPS.

Cons
= Tube tire for RM5+++ bike
= Recycled design of sports rim, dashboard and front head lamp.
= Engine is too new - no true actual data of road usage unlike GT128 testing
= Engine still using carburetor system unlike its neighbor which using fuel injection system
= Unguranteed fuel consumption, no people test this bike with RON97. Most of us are using RON95.
   Rich people ka?

Last Note


Anyway, I love to see oncoming side of Honda Future. After the bike is matured to 1000km above, I will feel full potential of this bike. I would travel to state to state for weekend if I had chance. Modification of this bike start after it reach 20,000km. For fellow HF riders, I wish to see you guys on street if we had a chance for exchanging experience of HF.

Thanks for reading.







2 comments:

All The Cars In The World said...

how come I bought mine for RM6450 with insurance and road tax (OTR)?

Unknown said...

Brother, are you still using this bike. its already 2.5 years. BTW what are the newly found pros and cons? Thank you.

Post a Comment